IRVINGTON EXTENDED DAY 4 & 5’s SUMMER CAMP
Ph. 503-287-9751 iedprogram.org
Summer Hours of operation: 7:30-5:30
Summer at IED is relaxed and fun, with plenty of time for outside play. Our camp will present an awesome new theme each week as we explore with activities, recipes and games from all over the globe. We will also learn some new songs, dance and play with water on hot summer days! In addition, children will have time to play in the gym, garden, learn new sports and craft all summer long. Activities are designed for Pre-K/Kindergarten aged children ages 4 & 5 (must be 4 years old by June 2018 and toilet trained). We will come together with our older campers at different points in the day for lunch, outside play time, and so on. Healthy snacks will be offered two times a day.
Children are enrolled on a weekly basis. You may register for any week/s. In order to reserve a spot for your child, please register by April 1st, 2018. After that, registrations will be taken on a space available basis.
Week 1.I MADE THAT! June 11-June 15 Summer camp begins! Our campers will explore some well-loved artists, and try their hand at creating inspired works of art. We will learn about paper pop-ups from Anna Llenas, the beautiful circles of Kandinsky, colorful painted cut out creatures from Eric Carle, and make Matisse inspired mobiles. On the field, we will be playing some classics like red light green light, over under and water balloon relays. ** FULL for 1st-4th grade
Week 2. COUNTRY FAIR June 18-June 22 IED presents its second summer fair! Outdoor carnival games like Pop the Balloon, limbo & hula hoop pass will earn you prizes. For crafts we will make printed tea towels, bracelets, kinetic sand and do some face painting. Make yummy peach pies and nacho pizzas! Campers will practice clown skills by making silly hats, telling jokes & doing magic tricks. ** FULL for 1st-4th grade, no spots for 4 year olds
Week 3. FUZZY FRIENDS June 25-June 29 Welcome pet lovers! This week we celebrate our furry friends (either real or stuffed) with games & art. Outside games include Barnyard, fetch and cross the stream. For our creative projects, we will make doggie magnets, sock bunnies and jellyfish lanterns. We also will have a “stuffie adoption” and learn about pet care. For special snack we will make cat cookies and puppy chow. **No spots for 4 year olds
Week 4. ALIEN ART-IFACTS July 9-July 13 Blast off with us this week into DEEP SPACE. We will play wacky cosmos themed games like 4 armed alien, and have moonwalk relays across the field. Later in the day we will create space themed art projects like cosmic oil pastel and watercolor planets. We will have alien dances & songs, and for our Friday cooking section, we will make “exploding” strawberry shortcake! **No spots for 4 year olds, ** FULL for 1st-4th grade
Week 5. WIZARD WEEK July 16-July 20 First year students are Hogwarts bound, to learn about spell books, wand making and magical beasts. We will make magic bracelets, bubbly potions and dragon eyes. Our enchanted sunny summer days will find us outside playing games like hippogriff’s nest, dragon tag and unicorn relay. For wizard snacks we will make monster cookie books! **No spots for 4 year olds, ** FULL for 1st-4th grade
Week 6. BEATRIX POTTER July 23 –July 27 This week, campers will work on splendiferous arts and crafts inspired by the literary works of Beatrix Potter. Projects will include making bunny lanterns, duck mobiles and kitten pillow cases! Our outside time will also follow the theme with games like cats in a corner and rabbit hole. On Friday we will have a tea party with candy cups. **No spots for 4 year olds
Week 7. POLAR ANIMALS July 30-August 3 A week for Arctic animal fans!! This cool week, we will look at some favorites like Narwhals, polar bears, penguins and Orcas. Projects include T-shirts, clay sculpture, masks and shark hats. Games will be focused on relays and water games to beat the heat. For snack cakes and we will yummy owl cupcakes and shark candy sushi. **No spots for 4 year olds, ** FULL for 1st-4th grade
Week 8. WEIRD SCIENCE August 6-August 10. Wahoo! Week 8 is the soggiest, grodiest, messiest week of all. Water themed games all morning like belly burst, over under buckets and cup relays! In the afternoon we put on our lab coats and explore the wonderful world of science. We will be working with various “growing” polymers, making fizzy drinking potions, racing balloon rockets and learning how to make elephants toothpaste. Plan on getting soaked & covered in slime! **No spots for 4 year olds
Irvington Extended Day Program 1320 NE Brazee St. Portland, OR, 97212 email@example.com
- Weekly Tuition: $250.00. There is no part-time option.
- Upon receipt of this registration sheet, IED will send a packet for you to fill out and return
- All registration paperwork and fees must be completed and returned to IED before a child’s place will be held. Tuition over $500 may be split into 2-4 payments. 1 will be due at time of registration, 1 due by May 15th
- All tuition is due by June 1st.
- If you register and pay all tuition before April 1st, you may take an additional $15 off the weekly fee.
- If you register 5 or more weeks and pay all tuition before April 1st, you may take another $5.00 (total of $20) off the weekly fee.
Please note the following:
- We cannot pro-rate weekly tuition based on attendance.
Refund Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing (mail, e-mail). Each camp registration is held to a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel 14 business days or less prior to when your camp week starts, no amount will be refunded.
- We cannot refund tuition based on non-attendance.
- The main activity hours are between 9:30-4:30
- There is no fe to switch camps if one is available.
Please fill out and return this registration form to IED by April 1st. Thank you!
Forms may be dropped in the metal box located outside room 108a or mailed.
***PLEASE CHECK WHICH WEEK/S YOU ARE INTERESTED IN***
YOUR NAME__________________________ CHILD(REN)_______________________________________________
PHONE NUMBER________________________ E-MAIL (please print)____________________________________
- June 11-15 _____ Mural Madness **Full for 1-4th grade
- June 18-22 ______ Country Fair **Full except for 5 year olds**
- June 25-29 ______ Fuzzy Friends **No spots for 4 year olds**
- July 9-13 ______ Alien ART-ifacts **Full except for 5 year olds**
- July 16-20 ______ Wizard Week **Full except for 5 year olds**
- July 23-27 ______ Beatrix Potter **No spots for 4 year olds**
- July 30-August 3 ___ Polar Animals **Full except for 5 year olds**
- August 6-10 ______ Weird Science **No spots for 4 year olds**
**Please ask about our Older 1st-4th grade camps**